Ultimate Subaru Message Board

adjustable coilover question?

im curious what is the actual difference in height people get adjusting them from the first notch to the last notch??

i went ahead and adjusted my coilovers today and i had almost a 2 1/2 inch difference in height, and that was with my 50 lb class 3 hitch bolted on the back as well. the crappy haynes manual says at most its only gonne be like 1 5/8 inches i think.

and btw i learned that it is very simple to do if you leave the shocks on the car, i just hooked my strut compresser in there at the best angle i could and tightened them up and did the twisting crap. had both tires done and back on the ground in a 1/2 hour at most.

jim (66subaru) has them on an 88 gl-10 turbo 4at used-to-be-air suspension, converted to coilover height adjastable

the car sat at 25 3/4" inches on the front, cranking the struts all the way brought it up to 26 1/2. we got 3/4 inch heigt on the front full adjustment range

but also i think the geometry of the knuckle or the lwer control arm may be different with air ride, as the whole rig sits lower than the 2wd to 4wd conversion dl wagon