Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a EJ25 non-Turbo engine that I would like to convert to a Turbo.. This engine is going into a off road project car, so I will be eliminating most of the hoses and pollution stuff.

I believe that I will need to swap out the higher compression pistons for lower compression pistons. Will I need to do anything to the heads? Also,

Who sells a decent low compression pistons?

I can’t switch the engine. It’s a off road project car, and I’ll be running an aftermarket ECU, so no issues with vacuum hoses or pollution concerns.

The engine needs to be a Subaru 2.5 SOHC engine. And since I can’t locate a Turbo version of the 2.5 SOHC at a reasonable price. I’m forced to convert a non-Turbo engine to a Turbo. Oh-ooo by the way I also need to covert a DOHC engine to SOHC heads.. So it looks like I need to replace the pistons with low compression pistons, and the heads with SOHC heads. Any thoughts?

Ok.. I hear you on the Turbo Block, but the 2.2 Turbo engine was only made for about 4 years and isn't easily found. As for the 2.0 I have one of those but hate to rape it. So it's on with the search for a 2.5 turbo, or maybe in my case convert one?

By the way if anyone has any parts or an engine that they want to sell please feel free to let me know.

Thnaks Jon