Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bigger injectors for ea82t

hey i was woundering if some rs legacy injectors would fit into and ea82t and or if anyone has done it before and if it made much of a difference. ive managed to source myself an tdo5 turbo for the ute but it needs a rear housing. ive got my brother lookin for a computer to run all this. any ideas would be good and what would be a good comp to run it. cheers patt

yes i realise that they wont fit right in but if i get a biiger fuel pump and some better fuel hosing it could be done right if i get the new comp tuned on a dyno to work with the new injectors i was thinkin of using the same fuel rain and just change the injectors and get my engenerring friend to fabricate them fit nicely and i also realsie that i will need a fuel pressure regulator its just my older bro work at a subi shop and he can get me the regulator and injectors (second hand of course for free) but we will just find a decent pump to to the job im sure it can be done one of my best mates has a dyno at his workshop to do the tuning ill keep every body up to date as i can ive got my self the brumby its a 1992 brumby its done 187345kms its a red and grey at the bottom below the door trims two tone one t top roof and it ammulicate an older guy had it and it has had big floormats and seal covers and a carpet dash cover on all its life so its mint and no dents as he has had it from new i cant get the ute till september as hes out of the country but im gettin the engine all ready to fabricate some new engine and gearbox mounts. so i can go boostin.patt

Okay, here is the deal. As far as injectors go, I believe that it is the old Nissan/Datsun 280Z injectors that fit. Only problem is that with the stock ecu controlling the pulse width of the injectors, you won't really feel a difference. I believe that Will(WJM) has tried this out before with no outstanding performance results. Since these cars have inline fuel pumps, your possibilities are kinda endless. I know Walbro makes an inline 255LPH fuel pump, which is probably the way to go. Finally, aftermarket ecu. If my memory serves me correctly, you can get a UniChip for it, but you'll pay an arm and a leg for it. There are a lot of people running MegaSquirt with good results. But the con to this is, that most shops do not know how to tune with MegaSquirt. So I don't know what to tell you about that. I hope this helps you out in some way.Patrick