Ultimate Subaru Message Board

making holls in the air filter box - Q....?

hi

i got an open air filter , inbox from KN.

i put it insted what i had before.....now.....my Q is:

if i making some holls to the air filter box ,around it...some holls does it make any diffrent from the original air pass to the carborator?

does anyone did it already?

thank you.

To make sure that I understand what you have already done:

You have removed the original-type filter from the original airfilter-box and replaced the filter with a K&N. Is this correct?

And you would like to know if altering your original airfilter box will increase airflow to your carburetor?

If this is correct then I will give you my opinion, which is no more correct than anyone else's opinion. I believe that it will not give you any increase in power, as any reduction in restriction to airflow will be balanced by it being hotter engine compartment air.

That was my opinion. What other people will tell you will almost certainly be their opinion, as to the best of my knowledge nobody has done any testing that would prove or disprove our opinions.

There will be more intake noise, so it will likely SOUND like it is making more power.