Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheel well water leak

I was raining the other night and i was able to find the source of my water leak under the hood.

If you take the spare tyre out there a join half way up the metal. When it rains water will seep out from this join and sit underneath the spare tyre. The other thing i have also noticed is that if you throw a bucket of water at the car, the water will drain from the rear of the guards (which have rusted out) near the front doors.

I've been puzzled by this for some time, but now i think there may be a drainage hose for the front. I think this is how most cars work. Theres a recess below the wipers, and a hose will drain this water to the ground. So i thought maybe the hose had become clogged up and be causing all this trouble. There was a fair bit of crap in the guards when i bought the car, but many hours of thought haven't been able to solve this mystery... yet!

So has anyone ever stripped one of these cars (Ea82 leone/loyale) and seen this hose? (it may not exist.../ know of the correct path for the water to flow) My old sube had its fair share of rust (its causing the spare tyre holder to rust), but it didnt have this problem