Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Cooler

I am looking for an oil cooler that will fit an EA82. I just need the part between pump and filter. I plan to run it through the radiator.

Who has one?

Who makes them?

What are the thread and mounting specs for a universal one?

Where can I find?

I don't mind having to change oil filters for a new thread size.

I would check a little further into using the ATF cooler for high pressure oil. Subaru uses the cooler on the drainback side of the tranny, so little or no pressure is present at the cooler. I do not know how common/universal this is, so I do not know to what pressure specs the ATF coolers are built.

I am looking for an oil cooler that will fit an EA82. I just need the part between pump and filter. I plan to run it through the radiator.

Who has one?

Who makes them?

What are the thread and mounting specs for a universal one?

Where can I find?

I don't mind having to change oil filters for a new thread size.

Have you tried suabru? Some turbo engines (not sure about ea82, but i know ea81ts did sometimes) had a factory oil cooler.

I would check a little further into using the ATF cooler for high pressure oil.

Hmmmm... I was planning on getting like 100psi-rated hose, but I didn't think about pressure in the radiator. Coolant only gets like 10-20 psi...

My Chrysler with an auto has tranny cooled in radiator and a dedicated unit in front of AC condenser. Crap. I thought I had it figured out. Must find info.

I called Radiator.com, asked about using for high-pressure oil. He said it was a good question, asked the master tech. He said "he said it sure should be able to handle the pressure."

Soo... I think I'm gonna try it. Gotta do some more google-ing when I'm in class.

Flex-a-Lite adapter 3961 is the correct thread with stock filter?

mmmm... SS lines...