Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got pulled over today

I got pulled over today by a local cop. He said my car was to loud that i was over 100 dcbl on his meter and wanted to know why it was so loud. I told him it is a 20 year old car with 197.000 miles on it and allmost all old subes do it. He ask why i dont fix it and i told him because it isnt broke that i could probaly get another 50.000 miles out of it. Then i told him that i was going to put another engine in it soon and he laughed and told me to have a good day and let me go! Forgot to add he was talking about the tick of death!

Good story! I think mine has ticked that loud a couple times - you could hear it all the way down the block!
Down the block!!!! when i start mine at five in the morning my whole town can hear it! Oh well my other engine( with 96.000 miles on it) is finnally out of the macine shop and should be a real good clean engine after all the work i had the guy put into it. Had him do reseal new lifters , timing belts and all the hardware for them just in case. Shaved heads a little for new head gaskets, rebuilt carb and a complete flush out did everything for 200$ and i only paid 150$ for engine. Thinking about set of delta cams before i put it in since old ticky is still running ok but with the price of gas 20 mpg just isnt going to cut it at 255 a gallon. Hoping for 30 out of new engine because i drive 50 miles a day and pretty soon some state cop will pull me over and probaly give me a fine that i dont need (to many points now for stupid stuff!