Ultimate Subaru Message Board

JDM Engine swap questions

Signal Monkey

short answer, try www.nasioc.com they'll know more than we do

long answer, you already have the turbo, it will be easier and cheaper to build power with the engine you have, unless the "JDM" is the most important factor. Try www.rallitek.com they'll give you more power than you know what to do with.

OTOH, you should be able to get a JDM front cut here, talk with DR. RX he knows the hookups.

short answer, try www.nasioc.com they'll know more than we do

long answer, you already have the turbo, it will be easier and cheaper to build power with the engine you have, unless the "JDM" is the most important factor. Try www.rallitek.com they'll give you more power than you know what to do with.

OTOH, you should be able to get a JDM front cut here, talk with DR. RX he knows the hookups.

yeah I've been looking around nasioc.. it's not really about getting JDM.. well in a way it is.. I just hear a lot that the JDM EJ207 is much much stronger and can be tuned harder. Less problems with detonation. Plus it has the VVT.. Honestly I don't plan on doing too much tuning to my Subie, but I'd like to have a stong base to start with.

If you don't plan on doing much, don't do much to the US block. get an exhaust, maybe upgrade the turbo, clean up the intake, and then get a computer that is optimized to the whole system, fairly easy, but if it were me, i'd wait till the warranty is over, and then rage it.