Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello all, just got my hands on a 90 legacy i wrote about a couple of weeks ago and i poped the hood to see what engion it has. It is the 2.2 16v does aneyone know aneything about this car. it drives nice and it seems to be pretty pepy but the cluch is slipping so i cant get on it verry much right now. i would like to get 2 new front fenders and some body work maby try to get a little more out of motor. aney openions would be great thanks oh also a good clutch ok by

Genuine Subaru or LuK seem to work pretty good. You might be able to put a high performance WRX aftermarket clutch in it but I am not 100% sure. Brain tells me it should work but I havent' run the numbers or anything to see, someone else on here prolly knows. I used to have 91 Legacy, it was bad arse, I want another one. (But I am picky, I wanna 5 speed LS wagon). Yeah they are pretty peppy, 137 HP, and RalliTek (http://www.rallitek.com) sells headers, exhausts, and intakes that'll fit the Gen 1 legacy, at least he did when I had mine.