Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 1997 Legacy Limited Wagon and last spring I noticed some water coming out under the glove box. I went to a windsheild repair place and they said it was definitely the windsheild. I have had it replaced 2 times now and have brought the car to 2 dealerships and another repair place and the problem persists. Has anyone had any similar experiences and if so, do you happen to know what the problem is and how to remedy it? Thanks in advance for any help.

the time it was leaking,you weren't running the a/c were you?

i had a leak out from under the dash (glove box area) it turned out that a small drain hose was disconnected.it's a drain for the a/c

the hose isn't hard to reach.pull the carpet bk a little an you should see it.

The leaking hose from the AC will also be the culprit if the same happens when the defroster is running. Run either and look for a puddle under your car in the area below the glovebox. If that's not happening then the hose is disconnected and the puddle is inside your car. The other possibility is the drain holes located at the outside corner just under the hood. Open the hood and look at the small wells at the corners just below the windshield. They get plugged with leaves and crud. If there is debris there, clean it away and pour a small amount of water into the well. It should drain out below the car. I'm not sure if this line Tees up with the line from the A/C-defroster line.

After you found the leak, dry out the car, remove the floor mats and spray everything with Lysol before the mold takes over.