Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Botched Hitachi Carb Rebuild

So I thought I'd try to rebuild the Hitachi carb off my '86 wagon. I was in too big of a hurry and didn't pay enough attention to the jet #'s/locations when removing them and now I'm in a pickle. I gave it my best guess but it turned out bad. Does anyone know the proper jet order so I can get this thing running smooth?

Here's a pic:

http://home.comcast.net/~engzech/hitachicarb.html

So I thought I'd try to rebuild the Hitachi carb off my '86 wagon. I was in too big of a hurry and didn't pay enough attention to the jet #'s/locations when removing them and now I'm in a pickle. I gave it my best guess but it turned out bad. Does anyone know the proper jet order so I can get this thing running smooth?

Here's a pic:

http://home.comcast.net/~engzech/hitachicarb.html

AS far as your jets in the body of the carb. The smaller number always goes in the primary side

AS far as your jets in the body of the carb. The smaller number always goes in the primary side
Lets try it this way, since I don't know the model # I may not have the Jet sizes exact. Starting at the low speed air/idle next to the acc. pump well you should have a 43 or 46 with 4 bleed holes at the tip. Hold this jet up to the light to make sure it is not plugged. Don't overtighten. The brass plug on top of that. Then the primary main air/emulsion tube. One of the two longest jets a 60 or 65 with the closed end. Goes in line with the primary aux venturi. Next is the secondary main air/emulsion tube open end and should be a 100 the same lenght or maybe a little longer, in line with the secondary aux. venturi. Next is the secondary slow jet looks just like the first jet and can be either a 80, 100, 135. On top of that is the secondary slow jet and should be a 100 it's a short jet. The primary slow jet is the only one in the top of the carb and should be a 160 or 170. Main jets primary range 113 to 116 and secondary range 156 to 160