Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat need Oil

Hello,

I have before 10 days and 1000KM change the cylinder head gasket of my Brat's (EA81)

And now need he much oil!

Befor i have do the change the Brat needed 1 litre of /1000KM and now i must after 200KM 1 litre oil refill

Who know what can be wrong ?

Greetings from germany with Snow

Norbert

Hello,

i dont have find the PCV Valve:mad:

Only what i have find is an big tube from the Valve cover on the right Engine side to the Airbox and a thick tube going from the left Valve cover on a Y-distributor and from this Y-distributor going a thick tube under the carburetor an a little tube to the Airbox.

But a Valve i dont have find.

Anybody any idea ?

Norbert

ok just to make sure I got this right:

10 days ago you changed your head gasket

before you changed it, the brat needed 1 litre every 1000km

but now it needs 1 litre every 200km

okay, the pcv valve I believe is on the right side of the intake manifold, the side with cylinders 1 and 3. a vacuum hose comes off of it, and the pcv is screwed into the intake manifold, I cant describe how it looks exactly, but it should need a fairly large (deep)socket/wrench to pull it out, I think 17mm, but not quite sure, give or take a couple mm. I'll try to find a diagram that can show you in a minute.

when you take the pcv off, it should rattle around when you shake it, if it doesnt, or if it barely does, soak it in gasoline or run a bunch of carb cleaner through it or something similar. clean it out really good.

PCV valve is called "Positive Crankcase Ventillation" valve. There might be a sticker under the hood of the vehicle with the "Vacuum Diagram". It may show where the valve is.

I forgot.

Anyone have a pic or diagram for him?

Ich wiess einige Deutsch. Ich vergass viel.

Wie heisst dein Auto?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

ich have find the ventil and we have change this pcv ventil, so the brat not need so much oil.

But you dont can say its low, the engine need now 1Liter/200km....... that the half from the start but to much

Have anyone any idea what i can do ?

Norbert