Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need info on Gearbox & Clutch!

Happy New Year Man!

Im from Kent in England and have a classic shape WRX which Ive had for a few years and love it! Its a 99 and running 310bhp, my problem is it likes a clutch or 2 and has eaten the gearbox!!

Any suggestions as to what is the best uprated clutch I can get for it and where? Ive found one place in UK but any other suggestions would be grateful ASAP.....

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy,

Welcome to the site. I don't have a recommendation on the clutch, however I will say that if you go with a stronger clutch, you can expect to have a grearter chance to kill the gearbox. So you'll have to decide what you want to replace, a gearbox or a clutch.

If you're looking to upgrade the gearbox, there are some manufacturers in the states and australia that make straight cut gears. I'm sure there's places in the UK you can find info/vendors to buy stuff.

You may want to check out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums there's a lot more impreza owners over there, plus probably some people from you're area.