Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thanks to..."the crew"

just wanted to thank...scrap487, subarian, jerry demoss, & boosted balls, for all ur hep and imput and quick response. i'm gonna go with the gear oil change first and see what happens. i've had the wagon for bout 6 yrs. and i never changed it and i dont know if the previous owner ever did it or not. and she has 207,285 miles on her so maybe a change would do her good. by the way when i do change that oil, what kind, and how many bottles or quarts, and where is the drain plug located? thanks again guys. "sobie people are the best" baggyshorts

vehicle info.

auto, manual?

fwd, awd?

diff or trans?

sorry....it's a '86 soobie GL wagon, 5 spd. 207,285 miles on her, and i dont know if this makes a difference or not but i live in a area thats very hot most of the year. (just thought i'd mention that cuz someone had said that there are different oils for different climates, thanks again for all ur help, baggyshorts

I put Mobil 1 75-90 in my 5 sp single range transaxle and rear diff a couple weeks ago and the car is just heavenly to drive now.

Much quieter, much smoother, better milage, more power to the ground, and better shifting (still grinds if you force it...but being reasonable with the stick prevents any grinding at all).