Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, OK, perhaps "new" is not the word to use. . . My Ex Wife, who is still good friends with me, needed a good reliable car that had usable headlights so she could drive our daughter around safely. THinking about this I came up with a list of needs for the car: safety, very high reliability, good lights, good handling, easy to drive/comfortable.

That list spells Subaru in a very big way, so with help I was able to get a 90 Legacy wagon for 300. I may upload pics later, perhaps with both cars side by side. Hers is dark blue on dark blue, and in very good shape body wise. Engine has low compression in #3, but I have an engine that needs headgaskets only that I can swap in (after refurbishing it). The seats are in good shape, and the Subaru lights are some of the best I have had on any car recently. the 99 Saturn that this car will be replacing has headlights that suck massively. the specs on the car are

90 Legacy L wagon AWD Auto with roof rack. Parts of the car are a lot prettier than mine, and the Auto will give a few less MPG than mine, but she has back problems and cannot drive a manual anymore. I will likely be upgrading the headlamps to SilverStars to provide an even brighter spot on the road for her to see. I love my Legacy as it is about the most dead reliable car I have ever owned, on top of being amazingly capable, and really simple to drive. The Auto trans only makes this easier for her. The new car does not have a name yet, but I hope that will change soon. Let us all welcome the second Subie to my stable. She has 200K on her now, and the body is shopwing few if any signs of aging!