Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all,

Long time member here with my first post. I'm considering buying a 2004 TS wagon with 34k miles this week. Is there anything in particular that I need to be on the lookout for? The vehicle has been maintained by a Sub dealer, with the exception of oil changes by the owner. From my searching of this site, I see that the 2.5 head gasket leak problems have been addressed by SOA.

We've had good luck with my wife's '98 OBW with 109k (no head gasket leaks...yet) and am anticipating a long life ahead with the TS.

I may be a bit biased, but I think the combination of an Outback and a TS 6 years newer than the Outback is a fine choice ;) The TS is more fun to drive, better handling, better highway mileage. The Outback is of course bigger and more suitable for camping trips and rougher roads.

No problems with our TS except for a bad radiator cap. That's it. They added a few things to the 04's and changed the styling a bit but that's about all. If it looks like it's been well cared for I'd go for it. Good luck!

Steve