Ultimate Subaru Message Board

At my age a nap looks better than sex. At least we found out what a professional is doing and if he does not have customers coming back it must work. I think we have both seen articles that warn not to use anti sieze.

I first ran into this when I was a college kid with a VW. You would buy them and the plugs would remove threads. When somebody told me about antisieze I thought it was God's gift to mechanics. I have used it on alloy heads ever since with no bad results, but I have seen an article that said not to use it if the plug is plated in certain materials that do not require it. The question is how do you actually find out wether or not to use it in a particular application?

Mostly I've seen people say they use it regularly without problem, but I've also seen strong concerns to the contrary which is why I brought it up.

I wasn't debating the issue, just asking your opinion.

I like to pull my plugs at 10k and look at 'em, gap 'em, and throw 'em back in, so I've never had a problem with 'em sticking.

I found the silver anti-sieze built up over time in other engines. It also is not recommended for Aluminum, so I've been using copper slip on my spark plugs. I've found that the key is to use significantly less than you think should be used, as it goes a long way.

Jack