Ultimate Subaru Message Board

freezing weber?

OK

OK here are the details:

-ea-81, pushrod motor , recently rebuilt.

-weber 32/36, manual choke with no fuel return, not sure what the jets are but I think they are too big.

-Runs OK, lots of power, bad mileage

It starts right up without choking, runs well. Between 5-10 mins into my drive the throttle will get stuck WFO. I pull over pop the hood and the base of carb is covered in ice. Playing with the throttle linkage for a sec or two seems to free it up and it runs great the rest of the day. Any ideas? :banghead:

I live in a very humid climate, but not cold. This occurs at temps as high as 45F.

I had the same problem for a while with my weber freezing up too, There is a little water hose about the size of a fuel line running from the bluck to just below the carb, Make sure that things hooked up.

Mine was fine till winter hit then froze up every day till i hooked that thing back up and it stoped my problem, Allows warm water to heat the intake and base of carb.

~Dayten~

yea I know line your talking about, its hooked up. Although I'm not sure I'm getting anyflow through it. I'll pull it and see if is flow'n. :grin:

thx brady

I had the same problem for a while with my weber freezing up too, There is a little water hose about the size of a fuel line running from the bluck to just below the carb, Make sure that things hooked up.

Mine was fine till winter hit then froze up every day till i hooked that thing back up and it stoped my problem, Allows warm water to heat the intake and base of carb.

~Dayten~