Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a guy at work has a 1993 legacy and the door won't unlock. feels like it's stuck, so i'm guessing linkages and not the lock cylinder? ignition, trunk other doors work fine.

anyone know what to look for? i've seen all the plastic fittings and arms in there on my subaru's and don't know what to look for. he's thinking of buying another car...so reply quick!

a guy at work has a 1993 legacy and the door won't unlock. feels like it's stuck, so i'm guessing linkages and not the lock cylinder? ignition, trunk other doors work fine.

anyone know what to look for? i've seen all the plastic fittings and arms in there on my subaru's and don't know what to look for. he's thinking of buying another car...so reply quick!

The problem may be that the handel is not connected to the linkage. Take off the door interior by removing the 2 screws, one in the middle of the movable handle behind the plastic fitting, and the other on the actual handle behind the other plastic fitting. NOTE: take the plastic fittings off with a flat head screwdriver. Check to see if the linkage is connected to the handle correctly, also check to ensure all electrical plugs are securly fastened.