Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MAF low input # 2 cylinder misfire

My 99' Legacy has two problems I am unable to fix, and I was wondering if anyone could help.

My check engine light, and at oil temp light are flashing, when I put my car into drive or reverse its very hard to get going (I have to shift to neutral rev it up a bit, and shift back into drive) in order to get going. Sometimes during this time my engine will make a popping noise.

When I scanned it using the OBDII I recieved the codes

MAF/VAF

Circuit low input

--- I cleaned the old sensor (didnt work) replaced the sensor(no affect), and replaced the ECU (nothing). I think it has to do with the wires but I dont know what to look for on the multi-meter.

Cylinder 2

Misfire detected

--- I replaced the Ignitor coil, but I believe this is a secondary problem, and may be corrected with a new coil once the MAF sensor is fixed.

Any ideas on what to do or how to fix this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First thing I'd do is check the resistance on the wiring going to the MAF sensor and see if you have a short or wire that has a high resistance. If you've replaced the sensor and ECU, I don't see what else it could be.

Have you gone to the dealer to pull the TCU codes? Or can you pull them yourself with the scan tool?