Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1992 loyale,power window help????? ( FIXED )

my pasengers front wndow wont go down,i have the motor out and i will only go one way,i have tried 3 motors and 3 switches and all do the same thing ( ONE WAY ).can i get some input which way i should start looking,i need to get it fixed because i use it to deliver papers.thank you.Bill

p.s. the other 3 windows work fine. after looking and tracing wires with the help of the FSM i got the problem fixed. i found a conector not pluged in all the way at the drivers side kick panel.thanks to all replys,Bill

i got voltage on switch,when i presss up and down.it's got me wondering???

Have you checked the voltage at the connector that hooks on to the electric motor? If you've tried three motors and three switches, it sounds like a bad wire or connector.

Seems like the voltage would have to reverse polarity to go in the opposite direction. In other words, if the meter read positive12 Volts when moving, it should read negative 12 Volts when you push the switch into the other position. Does that happen?

Also, sounds like you're reading at the switch. That checks out the switch but you need to check voltage at the motor to make sure it's getting over there.