Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hey - my GL-10 A/T idles at 750 in Drive

1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon, FWD, 3AT. Ok I finally got the wagon back on the road after a suspension rebuild and ignition tune-up. The car runs fine except for valve train noise that I plan to tackle with some SeaFoam over the weekend. The only annoying issue now is that the cars idles a little low (around 750 RPM on the digital dash) when I'm sitting at a stop light in with the 3AT in the drive position. I'd like to get that fixed. Any ideas? Thanks. ./steve

1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon, FWD, 3AT. Ok I finally got the wagon back on the road after a suspension rebuild and ignition tune-up. The car runs fine except for valve train noise that I plan to tackle with some SeaFoam over the weekend. The only annoying issue now is that the cars idles a little low (around 750 RPM on the digital dash) when I'm sitting at a stop light in with the 3AT in the drive position. I'd like to get that fixed. Any ideas? Thanks. ./steve
There is a screw to set minimum idle, look by the throttle arm. 750 sounds fine, isn't the spec 800 for AT?

There is a screw to set minimum idle, look by the throttle arm. 750 sounds fine, isn't the spec 800 for AT?

I didn't realize there was a throttle adjustment for MPFI.

I wouldn't be worried about the 750 RPM - as you said 800 is the spec - but the engine really chugs when things are going this slow...it sounds like my subie is really gasping...

./steve