Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mirror and outside temp sensor

Hi all, just got a new-to-me 2000 OBW ltd. One item I need to fix is with the temperature display on the mirror. What I thought was 0 degrees C (it was 32 degrees F outside at the time) was reall the display "OC" or Open Circuit error. Can anyone tell me where the temp sensor is on this vehicle or if there is a fix for this besides replacing the mirror. I'm hoping its simply disconnected but if not I want to follow the line with a meter to see where the break is.

TIA,

John

The sensor is behind the grill in front of the radiator, easy access when you open the hood.

However, my '01 model has the temp display at the bottom of the tach under the clock. I thought that the '00 was the same?

:-\

The display on my auto-dimming mirror is a compass.

Thanks for the replies.

I was clued in over at AAS that the OEM autodim mirrors for that year were from Donnelly. However, after checking the docs that came with the vehicle, one card for the mirror is from GETNEX which does the 05 and 06 subes. So it appears the original mirror was replaced at the dealer by the current OEM. Now the wierd part. The line runs up to the front bumper but the probe and mount are not there.

So I figure either the probe and mount broke off (but the connector plug is still there intact) or the front bumper was replaced. May explain why the fog light covers are missing also. I dont mind, I like that look better. I checked over the car carefully for signs of panel replacement etc and didn't see any so whoever did it, did a good job.

Now, do the dealers sell the mirror componenents or just the entire assy?

--

John