Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wiring harness conversions 90-94 EJ22, EG33 SVX, 02-03 Ej20 WRX, and more

ShawnW

ShawnW i will b attempting the ea to ej swap here in a few weeks to a month. 93-4 legacy into 94 loyale. i am glad there are a few ppl willing to do the work and i am planning on asking u to do the harness for me. do u have any pics or so on for the harness and removal and such. the ea2ej write up helps but not that much. anything u have or can help with would b great thanx

Pull the dash and the heater and AC boxes behind it. Pull the LF fender. From there it should be fairly easy to get the whole harness out. You need everything from the dash forward on the car. You can unplug the harness at the floorboard on the passenger side where there are a bunch of plugs that run toward the rear. Take your time and dont get frustrated there are a ton of nuts and bolts securing the dash...just take everything you can off the dash as you go. There are bolts hidden behind the blank panels where buttons and such might go sometimes even. You dont have to pull the windshield to get the dash out. Dropping the steering column will make life a lot easier.

Pull the dash and the heater and AC boxes behind it. Pull the LF fender. From there it should be fairly easy to get the whole harness out. You need everything from the dash forward on the car. You can unplug the harness at the floorboard on the passenger side where there are a bunch of plugs that run toward the rear. Take your time and dont get frustrated there are a ton of nuts and bolts securing the dash...just take everything you can off the dash as you go. There are bolts hidden behind the blank panels where buttons and such might go sometimes even. You dont have to pull the windshield to get the dash out. Dropping the steering column will make life a lot easier.

so i dont need the harness from passenger seat back?

• 1 month later...

lol hey shawnW i got the harness a week or so ago. finally got the money for it to be done. plz let me know when u will have time to do it. as i will need it back asap. instead of pulling it from a working donor car just went to the junk yard and my bro got a little frustrated and just smashed the hell outa the dash. actually came out nice and easy. no problems. lmfao.:grin:

lol hey shawnW i got the harness a week or so ago. finally got the money for it to be done. plz let me know when u will have time to do it. as i will need it back asap. instead of pulling it from a working donor car just went to the junk yard and my bro got a little frustrated and just smashed the hell outa the dash. actually came out nice and easy. no problems. lmfao.:grin:

Thats how I did my first one. :)

Send it out and I will send it back as fast as I can.

The SVX harness isnt a problem, when done it is tagged for installation generally toward any other vehicle. You just have to find on the car its going into...where tach, ign on, bat hot, etc are already and connect what is on the SVX to it. I think I could point you toward everything.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...