Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea020filter1.jpg

ea020filter2.jpg

Performance-wise, it's going to be hard to beat the newest Amsoil Ea Series engine oil filters. I've just started using them in my '06 LL Bean Outback Wagon, along with Amsoil Series 2000 synthetic 0W-30 engine oil. I've been a synthetic oil user since 1978, and Amsoil has become my exclusive favorite. Amsoil has always been far ahead of the competition in quality, performance and technology! The Ea Series filter (#Ea020 for the Subaru H6) is significantly beefier than the OEM version. For example, it weighs in at 11.6 ounces, versus 9.0 ounces for the OEM part, it's 3/8" taller, has a more substantial gasket and noticeably larger inlet passages. It's built more like a truck part! At nearly twice the price of the OEM, the Amsoil filter may seem a bit extravagant, but its longer filter change intervals, improved filtration and efficiency, and higher capacity more than make up for it. Check out the spec sheet below.

https://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eao.aspx

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

(Edited for clarity.)

Problem is there is no NAPA near to me here - the nearest is about 20 km away, not worth the drive.quote]

Well, I buy my oil filters by the case. So that trip to NAPA wouldn't be so bad if you bought in quantity. My dealer gives me a case lot price too..........

swi66

I have done a lot of research and decided to switch to AMSOIL oil and filters on all my cars at my next oil change. I plan on running it on an extended drain interval. With two kids now, and three vehicles, I don't have the time or energy to change the oil every three months.

I ran a spreadsheet and found that I will also save money on oil and filters in the long run.

matt

It's kind of funny to notice this thread shortly after emailing an Amsoil dealer to see if he carries a filter for my car. I wanted a bigger one to add a bit more oil capaicty if I could. On Fords I used to used the truck filter that was twice as big.