Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just when I thought things couldnt get worse for Rosey

So I got a used motor from a wrecking yard right...I get it home I rent a hoist from my uncle and I take my motor out. So then I go to put my flywheel on the new motor and it wont fit. The wrecking yard gave me a 16 instead of an 18 so Im trying to figure that out and my attention goes on the flywheel instead of the motor and I look at my flexplate and bellhousing to see if it will match up....A huge chunk of my flex plate had broke off and it was inside the bellhousing and put a whole in the side and a nice crack down the middle....I had found the source of my knocking...No metal shaving in my oil the oil was really clean so I dont think it was a blown rod after seeing the chunk of flexplate that was all torn up. So I bring the motor back tell them they gave me the wrong one...Now I need a flexplate and bellhousing sounds pretty simple two small pieces this will be an easy fix...NO I AM WRONG!!! It is not a simple fix...I happen to be the only person in the world that needs a flexplate and bellhousing NO ONE seems to have one or can get ahold of one...What am I to do now? An easy installment but hard parts to find...I get so frustrated I just wish I didnt like lil Rosey so much or else I would sell her to a wrecking yard and buy somthing else. Anyone know of where to get a flexplate and bell housing for an A/T 18hundred motor>???

Hi Rosey This is Jerry, yes i have that set up you are looking for. Do you need the converter also? Where in the world is Rocherter Washington at? I live in selah Washington next to Yakima center of the state. Let me know what you all need and how you want it ship, pay me what you think it's worth. Thanks Jerry