Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Post-wreck alignment problem '97 Impreza L

So about a month ago, I slid my '97 Impreza L wagon sideways, into a curb, bending both left wheels and some suspension parts. I have done all of the repair work myself, except the alignment and tire mounting of course. In getting this thing back on the road, I replaced all 4 wheels as a set, the right outer tie-rod end, and the right rear strut and knuckle. Then I took it to get aligned. They said the back was fine, but I needed to replace the right front knuckle and install a camber kit in the front and then bring it back for another alignment. I replaced the right front knuckle and in doing so, found that it already had an eccentric bolt (same thing as camber kit) in the strut to knuckle joint. I took it back and had it aligned again, they said that all was well except the front right wheel toe was only barely within spec. and it was the best he could get it. This time, it drove straight, mostly, but the steering wheel was off center and it tracked a little strangely. In the snow, it was almost scary though. It seemed that the front wheels were fighting eachother for direction as their traction levels varied. Can anybody think of anything else that might have gotten bent? Could the steering rack be shifted to the side or something? Thanks for any help that you can give.

-Chris