Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bleeding MC...

You'll need 4 hoses to do it on the bench or a power bleeder on the car.

English is not my mother tongue.....so could you be more precise...ofcourse if you have time.....:)

Thank you.

"power bleeder"=?????

You will need some help doing this. Have someone step on the brake pedal while you loosen each line fitting on the master cylinder. Fluid and air will be forced out. The brake pedal will go down to the floor, so your assistant needs to maintain pressure on it. Tighten the fittings. Have your assistant take his/her foot off the brake pedal. Repeat this procedure until you have no more air coming out.

You will need some help doing this. Have someone step on the brake pedal while you loosen each line fitting on the master cylinder. Fluid and air will be forced out. The brake pedal will go down to the floor, so your assistant needs to maintain pressure on it. Tighten the fittings. Have your assistant take his/her foot off the brake pedal. Repeat this procedure until you have no more air coming out.

Thanks....verry easy job and good explanation:banana:.....and after MC bleeding I can bleed all whells?

One more question: when bleed MC engine must be stoped?

Thank you man:)

Thanks....verry easy job and good explanation:banana:.....and after MC bleeding I can bleed all whells?

One more question: when bleed MC engine must be stoped?

Thank you man:)

Best to bleed MC with engine off. If the pedal is still soft, go ahead and bleed the wheels afterward.

Thank you but I am novice so I will wait other ideeas/advices.

You post as though I should bee an expert in doing bleeding.:confused:

If I thought you were an expert at this I wouldn't have posted. Basic bleeding procedures should be know if you are replacing the hydraulic parts in your brake system. If you make mistakes with it people can be hurt or even worst.

Thank you but I am novice so I will wait other ideeas/advices.

You post as though I should bee an expert in doing bleeding.:confused:

If I thought you to be an expert I would not have replied. Brakes are a very sensitive repair. Make a mistake and someone can get hurt or worse.

Best to bleed MC with engine off. If the pedal is still soft, go ahead and bleed the wheels afterward.

It should be a requirement to bleed at the wheels as well. Any time you open a brake line it should be bled at the wheels.

Brake fluid will VERY quickly absorb moisture out of the air and become unsafe.

Moisture in brake fluid makes brakes fail to work (brakes heat up, water boils, and makes bubbles -- causing the same problem as if you had air inside the system).

Never reuse brake fluid that's been bled out.

Never use an old container, if there's any chance the cap was ever left loose-- get a new sealed container.

If I thought you to be an expert I would not have replied. Brakes are a very sensitive repair. Make a mistake and someone can get hurt or worse.

It should be a requirement to bleed at the wheels as well. Any time you open a brake line it should be bled at the wheels.

Thanks man......I am not familiar with tools/procedures used by you in the US. So I am not quite beginer in doing that but not using complicate stuff/tools, equipments:confused:.

Thank you anyway.:)