Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Winches?

offroadbryan

I don't have a lot of experience with winches (except military ones) but Costco has one about that size in that price range I was thinking about. The soob isn't too heavy, and it seems to me that it would be adequate for self-recovery. Plus I like the fact that it's small and wouldn't be too hard to mount on the soob.

hate to say it, but this topic has been covered lots of times in this particular forum. I'm sure a search for "winch" will bring up more information than you can dig through in an hour

your right BUT it does not ask or answer my question? it is big enough for the my SOOB??

BTW what does it matter if this has been asked before? i mean really its not like im asking about "where to find a weber carb" so if you dont have anything to add, then keep it to yourself. Is it me or does it seem like some members on here act like children when it comes to NEWER people asking questions?

your right BUT it does not ask or answer my question? it is big enough for the my SOOB??

BTW what does it matter if this has been asked before? i mean really its not like im asking about "where to find a weber carb" so if you dont have anything to add, then keep it to yourself. Is it me or does it seem like some members on here act like children when it comes to NEWER people asking questions?

NOW where do I find a weber carb at LOL HAHAHA:banana: :banana:

I'm pretty sure most of the info you require is in this thread, easily found with a search, and it only took 10sec

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35597&highlight=winch+capacity

also, I have nothing against new people. remember, I was one once, and it wasn't that long ago, either. just trying to help by giving you the information you ASKED FOR :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure most of the info you require is in this thread, easily found with a search, and it only took 10sec

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35597&highlight=winch+capacity

also, I have nothing against new people. remember, I was one once, and it wasn't that long ago, either. just trying to help by giving you the information you ASKED FOR :rolleyes:

I DID READ THAT ONE, BUT I DID NOT SEE WHERE IT SAYS ANYTHING BOUT WILL A 2000LBS WENCH BE ENOUGH OR NOT? NOW I AM HUMAN AND I DO MAKE MISTAKES AND I MAY NOT HAVE SEEN IT????? ALSO IM NOT YELLING MY CAPS ARE ON CAUSE IM AT WORK lol DONT TELL MY BOSS :brow: :brow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobmater

How about the 3000# winch? Will this be enough for my soob.

Probably not. find out what your gross vehicle weight with gear is and times that by 1.5. That is minimun winch load rating you should get. I'm thinking of getting 8000-12000# winch for my Forester. Overkill is better than having the winch burn out on you because you needed another 1000# of load pulling power. Plus you can pull those stuck trucks out that are in your way.

READ IT AGAIN