Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej18 to ej22 turbo

ilsubiedriver87

so i had a 93 turbo legacy with the 2.2 the 93 impreza was offered with the 2.2 N/A no turbo wagons... well that's what i want to do and all i really need to know is if i will need to switch computers too due to the turbo... the engine should just slide in place... thanks if you can help

so i had a 93 turbo legacy with the 2.2 the 93 impreza was offered with the 2.2 N/A no turbo wagons... well that's what i want to do and all i really need to know is if i will need to switch computers too due to the turbo YES... the engine should just slide in place YES... thanks if you can help
But you might have to change more then just the ECU, I believe that there are a few more wires on the turbo then the N/A. People will tell you to swap out the wiring harness, but the Legacy store the ECU under the steering column and the Impreza stores it under the passenger foot rest area. The Impreza routes it's engine harness through the middle of the fire wall, where the Legacy routes it along the left side of the car, then into the passenger compartment by the driver's left foot.