Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch pedal cluster removal question

Hello all. Well the time is here, an 1989 gl wagon 5sp d/r swap into my 1990 3sp 4wd wagon :banana: . I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the pedal cluster bolts, or could post pictures of the Dang bolts I need to remove. I started this yesterday and I removed the clutch cable, and disconnected the hillholder, and chased my kids around the block so I got a little sidetracked. Any help would be great!

the easiest way to remove the pedal cluster is to unbolt the steering column which is two bolts right under the dash, a small bracket on the firewall, and one bolt at the U-joint inside the engine compartment. Then from what I can remember, there's 4 or 5 bolts that hold the bracket to the firewall but remember, the brake booster is also connected to the pedal assembly via studs running through the firewall which the pedal bracket bolts to. Make sure not to let it shift around too much because the weight of the brake booster will be supported by the brake lines underneath it.

i concurr. drop the steering column. pay as well pull it our bt reoving the bolt on the colun side of the u-joint under the hood

with the column in the car you will have to aneuver the assembly quite a bit to get it in/out