Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinking about a nice car to drive for 10 years. I'm concerned with the reliability , maintenance costs, and the overall condition of either car over 10 years I plan to drive it for. I have a 90 Honda Civic with pretty much no paint on it left. The seats are torn and I take care of the car. Super reliable w/204k on the odometer. My wife's 87 BMW looks way better in all aspects compared to the Honda. She has 280k. I fly out of town a lot so I need a car that will deliver me to the airport on time(no missed planes please). I don't really like the way an SUV drives, hate the gas mileage, but do like the cargo space. The only reason I'm considering the Lexus is that it looks really nice in side and looks like it will last 10+ years. I'm looking at a 99 Lexus vs a 2002 or new Forester. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

I don't really like the way an SUV drives, hate the gas mileage, but do like the cargo space.

Have you considered a wagon? drives like a car and has the cargo room of an SUV. say something like the legacy...

I really don't know what to tell you about your comparison because I usually don't see those 2 cars compared. to tell you the truth, I'm not sure which car you're talking about, lexus rx300 or infiniti qx4. I'm surprised you picked the qx4, since i think that cars built on a body on frame platform and has all the characteristics of a traditional suv that you don't seem to like. If you like the "nice interior," why not look at some of the unibody suv's like the bmw x5, acura mdx, lexus rx, or dare I say, the subaru tribeca (you did say you only cared about the interior right?:eek: )

Have you considered a wagon? drives like a car and has the cargo room of an SUV. say something like the legacy...

I really don't know what to tell you about your comparison because I usually don't see those 2 cars compared. to tell you the truth, I'm not sure which car you're talking about, lexus rx300 or infiniti qx4. I'm surprised you picked the qx4, since i think that cars built on a body on frame platform and has all the characteristics of a traditional suv that you don't seem to like. If you like the "nice interior," why not look at some of the unibody suv's like the bmw x5, acura mdx, lexus rx, or dare I say, the subaru tribeca (you did say you only cared about the interior right?:eek: )

Oops, I meant the Infiniti QX4. I just want a wagon/suv that won't look like a heap in about 3-10 years.