Ultimate Subaru Message Board

high mileage thoughts...

well, my 89 GL wagon, spfi, 5 spd, fwd, just turned over 230,000 miles on Sunday.:headbang:

I am putting about 100 miles a day/5 days a week on this car driving to and from a new job. car had 142,700 when I bought it 4 1/2 yrs ago. the first couple of years of ownership, I was driving truck long haul so the car sat around a lot and didnt get all that many miles racked up - maybe 500 a month back then...now it is more like 5-600 a week. the best part is, I am getting around 32-33 mpg!!! hard to beat that with a 17 yr old car!

I figure that sometime around October, I, personally, will have put 100,000 miles on this car since I bought it. Could happen sooner if I take any longish trips with it...

I can honestly say I have NEVER owned a car that has held up as well as the Subaru has. (and to think that I used to be against owning foreign cars! what a dummy i was!)

I want to put out a heartfelt thank you to all of those that have helped me keep this ol' girl going. Without all the great folks here I would have given up on her long ago. I am really glad that I havent done that, I really like my old Subaru. It will be a sad day when the time comes to take her off the road (she has cancer) but I hope to be able to replace her with another Subaru when that time comes.

Drive safe everyone.

Long Live the Subaru!!!

well, my 89 GL wagon, spfi, 5 spd, fwd, just turned over 230,000 miles on Sunday.:headbang:

I am putting about 100 miles a day/5 days a week on this car driving to and from a new job. car had 142,700 when I bought it 4 1/2 yrs ago. the first couple of years of ownership, I was driving truck long haul so the car sat around a lot and didnt get all that many miles racked up - maybe 500 a month back then...now it is more like 5-600 a week. the best part is, I am getting around 32-33 mpg!!! hard to beat that with a 17 yr old car!

I figure that sometime around October, I, personally, will have put 100,000 miles on this car since I bought it. Could happen sooner if I take any longish trips with it...

I can honestly say I have NEVER owned a car that has held up as well as the Subaru has. (and to think that I used to be against owning foreign cars! what a dummy i was!)

I want to put out a heartfelt thank you to all of those that have helped me keep this ol' girl going. Without all the great folks here I would have given up on her long ago. I am really glad that I havent done that, I really like my old Subaru. It will be a sad day when the time comes to take her off the road (she has cancer) but I hope to be able to replace her with another Subaru when that time comes.

Drive safe everyone.

Long Live the Subaru!!!

i got my first gl this past november. i got it because my truck was ready to for project work. the gas prices as well. i am up to 309,455. i have put about 5,000 miles on it myself. no problems yet on mine. i have added alt. battery (optima) red top. few other small touches. good luck with yours. i hope mine gives me another 100,000 miles. might be wanting to much but i wish cant I?????

Personally I have never put over 50,000 miles on a single car. However, the most reliable so far has been my '94 Justy--the only repairs that have been made have been normal maintenance items, and it's due for some body work from a slight mishap. 12,000 miles since I bought it as an "unsafe car" from a dealer in New Hampshire for $900--and it's running better than ever.