Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I recently bought a used 2000 Forester L type. I was trying to put my stereo out of my old car into my subaru & when i disconnected the battery the blinkers started flasing periodically. They will flash for a minute or so, then stop for a minute, then flash again, etc. From what I've read so far it's a coded keyless entry/alarm type thing. Problem is I didn't receive a remote for this. I read of a way to disable it w/o the remote but it requires pushing a button under the dash, near the drivers left knee. I've looked & found the box which seems to be where some clicking is coming from but I cannot find any button! If i could find this button i think i know the process for disabling it. While googling this problem I saw a post by someone else w/ a forester that says they didn't have a button, they said they were able to use a paper clip to bridger the connection. I wouldn't mind if i had to do that but i need to know where to put the clip!. Can anyone help me fix this problem plz!