Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 digidash - trip computer light dead

the digidash in my 86 GL-10 works great EXCEPT for the light is dead in the trip computer, so unless the sun hits it just right you can't see teh display, and since the fuel gauge is flaky, it's kinda nice to have the "Range" function on the trip computer. Any idea what I gotta do to fix the light? surface mount LEDs from Digi-Key? or those tiny lamps they have at Radio Shack...

the digidash in my 86 GL-10 works great EXCEPT for the light is dead in the trip computer, so unless the sun hits it just right you can't see teh display, and since the fuel gauge is flaky, it's kinda nice to have the "Range" function on the trip computer. Any idea what I gotta do to fix the light? surface mount LEDs from Digi-Key? or those tiny lamps they have at Radio Shack...

Radio Shack did stock that exact light here. I ended up mounting a slightly larger lamp by modifying the black plastic retainer.

well I found out why it's not lighting up... NO BULBS! Pulled the trip computer out, and the bulbs and holders are gone, so time to dig through my shed and see if I have any bulbs... I'm sure they're the same as the small bulbs in the instrument cluster (like the ones for the graphic monitor hooziewhatsit)