Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i just won a bid on a trany. it is for a turbo legacy 4x4 auto. do not know what gears are in rear/diff. my rear is a 3.90 in the car now. another thing I like to know about is that the trany came with convertor. thing is my tran's convertor had the tight/small convertor. what size bolt pattern does the turbo convertor come with. what size gears are in a turbo trany?

the 3.90 lsd unit is done. just would like to know what gears are in the front diff! the trans code on front of tag is TZ. the rear of the tag is ML.

is there a risitor under the battery on the legacies? does removal increase the firmness of the shifting? is it replacble if you do not like the shifting? like the idea of longer legs for long drives and military camp visits. 4.10's oklay it just the price of gas and 2k - 2.5 k at the dorp of a hat.

Would like to take the car to the track and see what time it will do? no power brake, no drop just a clean start off the line. any suggestions?

thanks for your time. be well, enjoy your motoring.

The final drive ratio on the turbo legacy AT's is 3.900. So it'll match yours.

Bolt pattern should be the same

There is a dropping resistor over by the passenger strut tower. DO NOT unplug it. It will firm shifts up, but will cause you problems down the road. I had mine unplugged for a little while, and had issues with the car not downshifting, and some other weirdness. So, I'd recommend you leave it alone.