Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm thginking about buying a '94 legacy Sapporo auto 2.2 (later shape), with 90,000 miles on the clock. This is an import from Japan to the UK, and apparently has a higher spec than the GX. Does anyone know what I can expect in the way of toys? Anyone know the power/torque figures?

The cambelt has never been changed- I assume it is now due. Anything else that should be done? Full fluid changes? plugs etc. And lastly , what sort of mileage can I expect? Will I hit the magic 30?

Thanks for answers to any or all these questions.

Cheers, Nick

Sounds like you're on the right path for replacement of parts.

I'm not sure what kind of power or mileage you can expect, since most of our members are US-based. I do think there are some UK based subaru boards if you search around the net.

As for upgrades, a fair amount of the goodies from the impreza line is interchangable.

Power should be 136bhp. Extra toys might include electric headlamp height adjustment, electric fold-in wing mirrors. Momo steering wheel..

NOt sure about that though. In fact I find it odd that the Japanese local market had a 2.2 at all. They had a DOHC 2.0 with 150bhp.

Okay, I did some searching, and the only relation I can find between "Subaru Legacy" and "Sapporo" is in Russia, so if your Legacy has a Sapporo designation (the only Sapporo anything we got in the States was a Plymouth Sapporo which was a Mitsubishi rebadge), I'd say it's more than likely Russian instead of Japanese.

Setright is correct, Japan never got an EJ22 except the EJ22G found in the Impreza 22B.