Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Help Bad!!!

:mad:

Well I had the berings on the passanger side rear go on me and they chewed the threads on the spindle so now I can't get the bolt to thread on. The bearings forced the old bolt off destorying the spindle threads. I have a 87 2-WD wagon and the spindle is wielded if I am correct. I can't get the entire assembily out either. Any ideas how I can replace the spindle on this thing or am I gonna be buying a new car for something this stupid? Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to find a die kit so maybe I can recoever the threads. Thanks.

What I mean is that I can get all but one bolt out. The one I can't get out is the one in the very back (not sure what its called) and I am thinking of using liquid wrench and just soak the heck out of it and see if then maybe it will come loose? Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't want to give up on the Soob.

Thanks for the reply. Got it fixed!!!! I went and bought a tap and die set and just rethreaded the spindle. That spindle was in sorry shape and now if you were to look at it you would never know it was damaged. Whoever had the car before me does not belong working on or near a car. They put the outter wheel berings on the wrong side of the drum. Somebody was smoking something.

Thanks for the help.

Glad to have my Soob back!!!