Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'94 Leg, any diff in front brakes turbo/non-turbo?

I was at AutoBone looking at Performance Friction pads for my 94 n/a 2.2 Legacy, and found that they only listed pads for 15" wheels which were on the turbos IIRC, so my question is if there is any dimensional difference or design differences between the front brakes on the turbo versus the n/a models. Any help or advice appreciated!:headbang:

I was at AutoBone looking at Performance Friction pads for my 94 n/a 2.2 Legacy, and found that they only listed pads for 15" wheels which were on the turbos IIRC, so my question is if there is any dimensional difference or design differences between the front brakes on the turbo versus the n/a models. Any help or advice appreciated!:headbang:

Totally different caliper designs. Your N/A front caliper has a single piston caliper. Tha Turbo front caliper has a dual piston caliper. The Turbo's rotors are a tad larger than N/A's. The OEM part numbers are all different for that matter. Therefore, the Turbo pads must be a tad larger than the N/A pads.

Cool, thanks very much. That explains that problem. Do you have any recommendations for pads? I would like something less extravagant than Baer or Brembo, but higher end than say Raybestos.

I myself is very happy with Raybestos ceramics, then again, I'm an old guy and drive like an old guy on the road :clap: But a lot of the members who also are active drivers seem to prefer name brands such as, Mintex, Axxis, ECB, Hawk etc.

Most of them have specific models for different usages, such as tracking, rally and street use etc. Head on over to Legacy Central message board. There you can find all kinds of mods and upgrades for our generation of Legacies (warning: your wallet will not appreciate you visiting that site) :eek:

I'm partial, because i work at NAPA and drive a 94 turbo legacy, to the Safety Stop Ceramix line. don't get the premium ceramics unless you want to eat your rotors, not on an older car like a t-leg.

But yes, tlegs have slotted rotors, even, when n/a has the cheap kind (haha).

~Laura