Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T WRX I/C ?'s

Okay, I got an 87 XT Turbo engine for my turbowagon (lol actually I scored the whole car...) and I've got a WRX I/C I've been meaning to put on, well now is the time to put it on... I've pretty much got down how to attach it to the throttle body, I'm just gonna put a longer hose on it (The stock one won't let the I/C clear the throttle linkage) and I THINK that the stock plastic pipe that connects the turbo to the I/C can be cut and used to link the I/C to the turbo, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to cut it up and have it not work, and not be able to drive my car :-P I did a search, but it loooks like most of you that are running an I/C also have a WRX turbo, which doesn't help me since I'm using the stock IHI turbo :-( So anyone who might have some pictures/info that I could use, it'd be greatly appreciated :-)

Andrew, rotate the TB 90 degrees so the throttle linkage is pointing up instead of to the side. This helped me so I didn't have to use more hose which means more turbo lag (not much though) and clear a place for my BOV. For the most part, you're gonna have to fab up the piping yourself for it to work with the IHI.

I guess I'll see what I can do with the stock piping, might have to ghetto-fab it a bit to make the turbo pipes, I know that's been done before (Wish I had a better pic of Sean's old RX, since he made his own piping with black ABS pipe, and as far as I remember it had a stock IHI turbo. I will probably be swapping to a TD04 at some point, just not at the moment :-P