Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guest IronX17

I have been having this problem finding an exhaust that would fit my subaru. I have a 97 impreza 2.2. I know it is no sti or even a 2.5rs, but it has just as much potential. I was wondering if zigen fireball catback exhaust would fit the 2.2, or would i have to get new headers, which brings up another question. I have been having problems looking for headers for a 2.2. All I can find are a couple for 2.5rs. Would those fit on a 2.2? If not, would somebody please let me know of some other ideas that I might of passed up?

Guest bratman2

Borla I believe makes exhaust and headers for a 2.2 ltr. You could buy a nice Magnaflow muffler similar in size to what is already their and have an independent shop install. When my daughter's muffler started to rust out on her 93 Legacy I found the factory muffler to be very exspensive. So I bought a Turbo style (single baffle design) performance muffler from Advance Auto for under $20, local tire dealer installed it for $30 more. Two years latter it's still there and not overly loud. A Magnaflow would be a much better choice for performance and long life compared to the $20 Advance Auto muffler. Glenn Taylor.

Guest IronX17

This goes out to Chip and Glen. Thanks alot guys. Chip, I found myself checking out those web sites for the exhaust, and i ended up purchasing a body kit. They got some good stuff. Glen, I am going to take you word on the magna, and check out borla for the headers. Thanks guys