Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've got a 91 model legacy/liberty wagon with a EJ22M motor. I recently changed the head gasket and lifters, no hassle there. I put every thing back together and is running fine with a little gunning at times that I'll deal with later, my main issue is after spending endless hours with the front of the car elevated and bleading the air out of the cooling system. When I start the car and just let it idle to operating temperature the Thermatic fans cut in and out fine. Now if I drive it for 10 minutes or more the fans stay on and won't cut out, till I stop the motor and let it cool right down. I am suspecting the themo fan senor switch. Any one got any I deas on what this fault might be caused by??

Have you removed the bleeder screw on the radiator to aid in bleeding air from the cooling system?

It's possible the coolant temp sensor may be bad. They're not too expensive, and probably isn't a bad idea to replace it.

Yes Done the bleeder screw, Will try getting another sensor.