Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Columbus Ohio Mechanic???

Guest D1Driver

Guest D1Driver

Just bought my first Subaru....98 OBW. I think it needs a t-belt. Anyone know of a good mechanic in Columbus area who can change it for me?

Don't want to be taken to the cleaners by the typical dealer service shop.

Guest D1Driver
i would most likely find my way to c-bus. as i have gone there before to put subarus toghether. what side of town are you on?

is your motor the 2.2 or 2.5?

It is a 2.5. I live on the southwest side of Columbus, but I am willing to travel to save a buck or two. I just hate dealers charging $90 and hour, and charging twice-the-price for parts. I am a firm believer in going to dealer only if you have to. Would much rather hand my money to the small mechanic who appreciates his customers and actually cares.....and knows what the heck he is doing!

Guest D1Driver

Learning is definitely what I need to do. I bought a Subaru because my neighbor has two early 90's Legacy L's that both have over 200k miles on them. The bodies are rusting away, but they drive great, with no problems. The t-belts have been the only things touched on either engine.