Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have had my first Subaru about 8 months now, 03 Legacy GT. We had a burning smell that dealer diagnosed as a leaking CV Boot on the driver side and replaced under warranty at 38k miles, no problem. Well at 43k miles the smell is back and while changing the oil over the weekend I noticed the passenger side axle boot is leaking. I did some searching but have others experienced premature failure of their axles.

In addition to this I have had to have the timing belt tensioner replaced and I currently have oil in the passenger side spark plug wells that I need to have looked at. Given that I have under 50k I was thinking of unloading the car before more problems set in.

Have others had these types of problems at such a low mileage?:confused:

I have had my first Subaru about 8 months now, 03 Legacy GT. We had a burning smell that dealer diagnosed as a leaking CV Boot on the driver side and replaced under warranty at 38k miles, no problem. Well at 43k miles the smell is back and while changing the oil over the weekend I noticed the passenger side axle boot is leaking. I did some searching but have others experienced premature failure of their axles.

In addition to this I have had to have the timing belt tensioner replaced and I currently have oil in the passenger side spark plug wells that I need to have looked at. Given that I have under 50k I was thinking of unloading the car before more problems set in.

Have others had these types of problems at such a low mileage?:confused:

I don't know about mileage in regards to the boots, but I can tell you what my mechanic told me about my cracked boot, ( '99 with 131000k) he stated not to, " leave the front wheels turned when parked." Indeed I had no problems, until parking isues arrived at work, and I left the wheels strongly pointed to one direction. I think I leared a lesson.

John