Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Falken ZE329 225 - 60 - 15 on my 97 Outback. They are quiet and grippy!!! No more offramp squeal. These replaced old Michelin X ONEs. I got them at NTB for $74 a piece. They are rated for 50,000 miles. I specifically wanted a softer/wider tire than OEM type stuff. After some weather and maybe some beach runs I will report back.

DSCN1632.JPG

DSCN1635.JPG

did u notice a diff. in the comfort of ride, going to a smaller profile. I guess its still a decent size profile, so it wouldn't be drastic change. My question still stands tho.

Yes the ratio is less (60v.70) but by going up two sizes in width over stock the wall height is almost unchanged. Keep in mind I have only 20 miles on these things but I am stoked so far on the handling and smoothness. And the rim is protected from curbs now where before they were flush with the sidewall almost. Happy thus far.

Here's an update:

After 50 miles of testing (read reckless driving) I've not gotten one screech slide or squeal out of them!! The stick is incredible and the ride is smoother than the old X Ones. That's even running with 40psi which I do in most conditions.

I think the bolts holding the seat to the floor are now the weak link in my Roo.