Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wierd steering since 3" lift kit

Hey guys

Since I have put lift kit in the car pulkls constantly pulls to the left and when turning right hand corners it about 50% of the time does not really self center and you have to yank it back. I had a wheel aligment done and even that guy doesn't understand what is going on the strut tops are the right way round but do the actual struts have a certain way to go or doen't that matter.

Thanks

my first thought was maybe your steering extension is not straight, jack the front wheels up and have a feel on the steering wheel to see if the steering is lumpy or pulls one way when you centre it, it could just be in the first 1/4 turn of the steering wheel? :-\ could be a number of things really.

Yeah tyre pressures have been checked as I have just put brand new tyres on it. The steering extension sounds like a good place to check first. The actual orignal struts have no certain way of going in do they as I forgot to mark one before I pulled it out and it span so not sure if that could be a problem.

Thanks already

Hey,

Its a 1987 L series 4wd wagon and hi-rise made the kit for it. I re-tightened the lift kit bolts one on the right hand side was a little loose and it seems to be better but still not perfect. The steering wheel does rub on the plastic cover behind it and it seems worse when it does this. The steering wheel also moves in and out about .5"

Thanks