Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm so pissed...another gear oil thread

Well after running mt90 with minimal problems, I changed it because its not good for the diff. Now I am running uncle scottys cocktail but I get a faint whine when acclelerating (most of the time), and 2nd gear is a PIA to get into. Now I am going to change it again, prolly setright's suggestion of valvoline synpower. what do u guys think??

setright do you use this straight? how is it in the cold?

I'm usually a big synthetic fan, but after 2 years of different mixes including Mobil 1 75W90 and Red Line 75W90NS and a few mixes. I’ve just gone with dyno 75w90 and it works well, is dirt cheap, I still get a slight grind going into 3rd if I shift too fast, but I did with everything else too. This is probably the only case I would say go with a decent 75w90 dyno.

In the cold it's a little bit "baulky", but only the first mile or two, then it smoothes out.

Once warm, the gearstick moves around the gate with ease :clap:

You really should try it. I was near giving up on my gearbox until a Danish rally driver suggested I try Synpower...haven't looked back since.