Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight de-fogging - the best product

Wet sanding and clear coating works the best.

We used the Clearview headlight restoration kits on two cars. A '91 and a '94 Legacy. Got it at WalMart also. Works great. It is a wet sand polish kit. Has the sand paper(2 grits), polish, and the clear coat sealer. Good instructions. Use a spray bottle of H2O to keep the polish wet like they suggest. The package has everything you need in it, you don't need to purchase the components separately. Cleans really well and clears them up nicely.

Sorry I don't have pics. I have broken my digital camera trying a firmware upgrade and can't afford verizon phone any more so bought a Tracfone which doesn't have a camera!

Amazingly however I do have all three Subarus on the road today and the headlights on the 96 are still bright!

Gil

• 2 weeks later...
I tried everything I could think of on my 96 Legacy headlights but the only product which worked was 'Headlight Restorer/Defogger' from CV Crystal View Chemicals

http://www.crystalviewchemicals.com/myheadlight/index.html

which I bought at Wal Mart for about 20 dollars. I think Advance Auto Parts also stocks it.

Gil

Thanks gcleeton

Finally something simple...I have a 96 as well and lamps are terrible