Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 96 Legecy 2.2 with about 97K. It starts fine and runs fine for about a minute or so or until it reaches operating temp. Then it start to miss and does so for about a minute then clears up. I have change the plugs and wires. I have checked the injectores for pressure and pulse they are fine. I have replaced the knock sensor no help. I put a different computer in it and that made no difference. The only code that comes up is misfire on cylinder one or cylinder two, usually on number two. I also checked to see if a valve quide was loose as I heard that sometimes happens on this year. If it would not clear up maybe I could figure it out. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions?

The ignitor takes the signal from the ECU and drives the coil pack. I have a '96 legacy also; on mine the ignitor is a little maybe 2.5x2.5" or so electronic package with a connector on it located near the firewall kind of inline with the throttle cable. Maybe even shaking these connectors or something would reveal if there is an intermittent connection in there.