Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ordered an O2 sensor online.

I ordered a front O2 sensor from SubaruGenuineParts.com for my 2000 4 door Impreza 2.2L. I gave them my VIN, year, engine size and everything, but they sent me a sensor that has a three-prong connector. Mine has a four-prong connector. There is no way I can use this part. The part number they sent me was 22690AA350. The part number I got from my local flim/fla ...excuse me my local very helpful, considerate dealer is 22690AA000 which does not produce any results in the part search on the online website. Is there a chance that anyone might know the right part number for the front O2 sensor for my car? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

Mike

Mike,

Are you looking for the front or rear O2 sensor?

Also, what is the build date of your 2000 Impreza? Part # wise, it looks like subarugenuineparts has the number right, however if you post the build date I can check the number for you.

This number 22690AA000 looks to be for the mid 80's cars

Thats what my O2 sensor cross references to. I bought a

Denso 234-9018 to replace the incorrectly replaced one on my

2000 OBS (2.2L) The part number 22641AA00A according to

the information I found fits 2.2 and 2.5

Try this link

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partlistbymod.php?subcat=Engine+Parts%2C+Sensor+O2&model=Impreza

It appears to be superceded by a new number. Send the wrong one you

have back and get a Denso 234-9018. It works just fine on my 2000 Impreza

Outback Sport

Richard

Thanks to all for the advice. Come to find out that while I clicked on FRONT O2 sensor on the website, their computer had the part numbers confused and sent me the rear sensor, which I will keep because I am sure I will need it soon.

The subarupartsforyou.com site is, coincidentally enough, the same address as the dealer from whom I bought the car, so I will not be doing business with them. I live near another dealer who seems willing to match online prices for parts, so I will probably be dealing with them in the future.

Again, thanks so much for the part numbers, suggestions, etc.

Mike